Case Study 1 : Room Booking System SharePoint
Medium to Large Law Firms requiring a robust no-frills facilities management system
The Business Challenge
The existing system was too cumbersome to use and non-intuitive as a result of which business users were reluctant to use it and the entire responsibilities lay with an overburdened facilities management group.
The SharePoint Based Room Booking System is a software package that makes it easy for the organization to manage rooms and resources and to book a room in any of the locations of the organization. It is easily accessible being web-based, and the access by permission allows delegation of activities while retaining full control with admin and the reception groups.
Salient features of the system:
• Effectively does away with the possibility of double booked rooms thanks to its intuitive booking calendar interface.
• At-a-glance view of all the rooms with details and facilities that come with each room.
• Pictorial representation of various seating arrangements with capacities and ability to select one among-st them while booking.
• Scheduling of repetitive events as recurrent bookings.
• Allowing for large gatherings via linked rooms.
• Booking for car parking spaces either stand alone or linked to a room booking.
• Fully integrated catering module.
• Extensive reporting including cost & revenue analysis linked to a particular room, host, hosting department or client-matter number.
Streamlined booking process with delegated responsibilities, Buy-in from end users reducing proxy bookings overhead for reception, elimination of bookings conflicts.