Job Outline :
Experience – 3 to 8 years
Reporting to Team Manager, the L-2 Service Desk Engineer is responsible for handling support of service requests in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, to include workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software and requires troubleshooting service tickets / requests over a phone call.
Wintel Administrator Responsibilities
– Manage Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
– Troubleshooting hardware and operating system issues
– Raid, Disk Management and Image Creation
– File and Print Server administration
– Patch Management
– Backup and Restore Management
– Server Monitoring, Migration and Deployment
– Active Directory administration
– Terminal server administration
– VMware Infrastructure – HA, DRS, SRM, vSAN
– Basic understanding of virtualization technology, Troubleshooting skills and File Servers.
– Experience working on Windows Server 2003,2008,2012,2016
– Experience working on Windows 7, 10 and Mac OS
– Basics of PowerShell
– Azure / AWS and O365 administration experience
– Excellent Knowledge Windows Client Server OS performance and Troubleshooting
– Good Knowledge of Wide range of Server hardware of different vendors
Network Administration :
– Basic working knowledge of L2 Switch configuration stacking and VLAN Provisioning as well as problem identification and troubleshooting. Coordinating with L2/L3 Network Administrator.
– Incident, Problem and Change management as per the ITIL Standards.
– Monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications and response as per defined processes and procedures using ticketing system
– Communication with customers as required keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
Organisational Responsibilities :
– Seek and participate in support opportunities across the organization
– Actively participate in the skill development of your colleagues (workshops, presentations)
– Actively contribute to corporate knowledge base
– Follow agile practices
Desired Skills :
– VMWare Certified Professional
– MCSA 2012 / 2016
– MCSA Office365 / Azure Administrator
– Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
– 6-8 years of hands on experience on Windows, VMware, and wide range of Server hardware of different vendors
– Good Written and Verbal communication
– Ability to work in 24×7 environment