As definition states, a content management system, or CMS is “a computer application that allows publishing, editing and modifying content, organizing, deleting as well as maintenance from a central interface”.
To put it simply, it is a shared information repository that is created and managed from a common interface, often web based. Typically,a CMS consists of two elements: the content management application (CMA) and the content delivery application (CDA).
SharePoint’s data management capabilities and out of the box interfaces make it an integrated CMA/CDA solution. Many of our clients use it extensively to manage corporate data, some of them are going a step further to publish content via Sharepoint on the web. The onus of ensuring data integrity and security of such systems lies on us.
- Some of the services we at ‘Remote Software Solutions’ provide to our clients include:
- Configuration of out of the box features of SharePoint to offer content hosting and presentation capabilities – These range from out of the box templatesand creation of security controlled views to custom developed corporate branding for external facing websites.
- Organization of site content and related meta data across document libraries and sub sites.
- Search configuration and Optimization.
- Office and Exchange integration.
- Performance and Storage optimization.
- Building of custom workflows for content management and security.
- Educating our clients on effective use of SharePoint and its best practices.