In the modern world customers are far more demanding and web savvy than they used to be. Gone are the days when they were willing to put up with delays and inconveniences when dealing with clunky websites. In order to retain your visitors you website needs to provide the experience that your customer’s have come to expect: it needs to be fully interactive; to provide all the information your visitors need in an easy assimilated and enjoyable manner; to allow them to easily book tickets, update their accounts, place orders, track deliveries and everything else that is relevant to your business. They also want to enjoy a similar experience if they are viewing your website on their home computer, their tablet, or their smart phone.
The high broadband speeds that today many people enjoy along with 4G mobile connectivity mean that there is much more freedom in the way that information is presented to your customers as well as the opportunity to integrate your website with a variety of business functions.
Some of the advantages of bespoke web applications include:
• Our specialized web design & graphics team ensures that your website is easy to use, to eliminate customer frustration, and to deliver customer satisfaction
• They are tailor made for your business and are unique, delivering all of your requirements efficiently and reliably
• They can be integrated with other business functions and the collection and analysis of all kinds of business data
• They can be connected to external systems such as social media to feed your application with near real time information
• They can provide detailed insights into your customer browsing habits
The right approach
Every business is different and every client has a set of business challenges that is specific to them. The first step on developing a bespoke web application is to develop a deep understanding of your business objectives. Following this the next stage is to work in close collaboration in order to identify the best software development solutions for achieving these and that can be designed, developed, tested and implemented within the agreed time scale and budgets.
Typically the individual steps include:
• A complete analysis and definition of your requirements
• The development of a project plan
• Assessment of the technology and developer requirements
• System analysis and design
• Producing a rapid prototype
• Development of the application
• Testing, QA and provision of support services
Developing a bespoke web application isn’t a one-off event; in today’s world things change at a rapid rate and product life cycles get progressively shorter. Additionally there are always new security threats that may need to be countered. Thus it is important to use technologies that are as future proof as possible and that can be adapted so that they adapt to your evolving business. They should also require the minimum of maintenance and support to keep them current.
While a primary motive for outsourcing the development of web applications is cost saving, this is far from being the only one. Outsourcing provides access to a whole new level of skill and expertise with the assurance of creativity and quality. If you are looking for the creation of custom web applications that are built from the ground up, then outsourcing is the most efficient, cost effective and exciting route to take.