Job Outline :
Reporting to the Program Manager in Goa, the job holder will be responsible for the development of innovative market-leading solutions across the entire life cycle, as well as supporting the existing systems vital to supporting our on-going business.
The job holder will be required to work closely with the rest of the team to design, develop, test and debug web applications/existing older functionality to deliver innovative solutions, in an entirely Agile environment.
Duties and responsibilities :
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to craft flawless code and demonstrate a thorough understanding of mark-up compliance. They should also be familiar with Microsoft-based applications and technologies and will be able to present examples of previous development work on request.
a) Solution Development and Delivery
– Design and code superior technical solutions
– Write well designed, testable, efficient code following coding standards and practice
– Execute full lifecycle software development
– Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
– Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
– Recognise system deficiencies and implement effective solutions
– Document and maintain software functionality
– Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
– Serve as a subject matter expert
b) Project Execution :
– Derive technical requirements from requirements/stories produced by Product Owners
– Take an active role in development effort estimation (Planning Poker)
– Take ownership of complex tasks or developments
– Ability to work in an Agile delivery environment
– Comply with project plans and industry standards
– Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
c) Organisational Responsibilities :
– Seek and participate in development opportunities above and beyond required training
– Actively participate in the skill development of your colleagues (workshops, presentations)
– Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
– Actively contribute to corporate knowledgebase/wiki
Required Core Competencies :
– Experience building enterprise eCommerce sites
– High level of experience with React (Next.js experience preferred)
– Solid understanding of static site generation (Next.js experience preferred), as well as server and client-side dynamic rendering.
– Use cross-browser/platform compatible development techniques.
– Experience with Headless CMS
– Good knowledge of performing test driven development and using mocking frameworks
– Good knowledge of architectures
– Able to create well designed, reusable objects
– Able to recognise and carry out positive and negative test scenarios
– Able to produce documentation to a high standard
Professional and Organizational Qualities :
– Able to develop solutions as part of a team or as an individual
– Entrepreneurial spirit, personal and professional integrity and a desire to relentlessly strive to obtain excellence
– A team player with good interpersonal and communications skills.
– High attention to detail and good technical knowledge
– Able to establish working relationships with other sections of the solutions teams
– Ability to adapt quickly to existing, complex environments
– Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software as necessary
– Challenges others to develop while serving as a role model