Reporting to the Team Lead, the job holder will be responsible for the development of mobile applications for innovative market leading solutions across the entire life cycle, as well as supporting the existing systems vital to the on-going businesses.
The jobholder will be required to work closely with the rest of the team to design, develop, test, and debug mobile applications/existing functionality to deliver innovative solutions, in an entirely Agile environment.
Duties and responsibilities
React Native developer interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. A strong team player with a commitment is required.
Solution Development and Delivery
- Build pixel-perfect UIs across both mobile platforms.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Develop / implement superior technical solutions.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Execute full lifecycle software development.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Derive technical requirements from requirements/stories produced by Product Owners.
- Take an active role in the effort estimation (Planning Poker) process.
- Ability to work in an Agile delivery environment.
- Comply with project plans and industry standards.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
- Seek and participate in development opportunities above and beyond required training.
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Actively contribute to corporate knowledgebase/wiki
- More than 2 years of mobile app development experience
- Experience / Exposure to Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL or any other similar database
- Knowledge of app deployment for android and iOS
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Concepts
- Understanding of relational database concepts
- Able to create well designed, reusable objects.
- Able to produce documentation to a high standard.
- Knowledge of writing automated testing scripts is desirable.
- Knowledge of source control best practices and tools e.g., Git/SVN/TFS is required.
- Knowledge of tools such as Jira, Bugzilla, Greenhopper etc. is desirable.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Web pack, NPM etc.
- Integrate third-party API’s
- Work with native modules when required.
- Experience with state management tools like Redux, Context API.
- Understanding of flux architecture and React Native internals.
- Knowledge about optimizing react native code and improving app performance.
- Knowledge of integrating push notifications, firebase, social media authentication.
Professional and Organizational Qualities
- Able to develop solutions as part of a team or as an individual.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, personal and professional integrity and a desire to relentlessly strive to obtain excellence.
- A team player with good interpersonal and communications skills.
- High attention to detail and good technical knowledge.
- Able to establish working relationships with other sections of the solutions teams.
- Ability to adapt quickly to existing and complex environments.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software, as necessary.
- Challenge others to develop while serving as a role model.