Posted 2 years ago
Experience – 5+ years
Reporting to the Project Manager, the job holder will be responsible for the development of innovative market leading products and solutions as well as supporting existing applications vital to the on-going business.
Candidate should possess the ability to craft quality code. They should be able to present examples of previous development work on request.
WordPress Development Responsibilities
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality.
- Ensuring security, high-performance and availability and managing all technical aspects of the CMS.
- Participate actively in effort estimation.
- Write well designed, efficient, and readable code following coding standards.
- Perform in depth unit testing.
- Comply with delivery plans.
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Release and deploy the application in different environments.
- Support and maintain existing applications adhering to SLAs.
- Produce required documentation.
- Serve as a subject matter expert.
- Follow agile practices.
- Seek and participate in development opportunities above and beyond required training.
- Actively participate in the skill development of your colleagues (workshops, presentations).
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Actively contribute to corporate knowledge base.
- Good Architecture and Design skills
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Strong understanding of API’s and Web Services
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages.
- WordPress custom theming, child theming and plugin development
- Git, SVN, or Mercurial
- Object orientated analysis, design, and programming.
- Solid principles and design patterns
- Knowledge on systems like in-memory database, database fine-tuning, cloud
- Any other PHP frameworks
- Apache, Linux
- Package managers (npm or Composer)
- CSS preprocessors
- A Team player with positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to grasp and comprehend ideas.
- Open-minded, adapt quickly to new environments and a quick learner.
- Getting things done independently and willing to go into high-value areas even though may not have enough knowledge.
- Ability to adapt quickly to existing, complex environments.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software, as necessary.
- Challenge others to develop while serving as a role model.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.